Referral & Phase IV Programmes
Tonbridge & Malling Leisure Trust, in partnership with Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council, operates a highly successful Referral Programme and Phase IV Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme.
Through a combination of prescribed exercise and lifestyle and dietary advice the 20 week Referral Programme aims to assist individuals to take responsibility for their own wellbeing and improve their health. Fully qualified REPS accredited instructors assist and encourage those on the programme to get active and stay active.
A variety of medical professionals including GPs, nurses, dieticians and physiotherapists can refer patients to the programme. Individuals can also contact the centres directly to see if they qualify to take part.
Phase IV Cardiac Rehabilitation is designed to restore heart patients to an optimum level of physical and mental wellbeing. It requires patients to assume responsibility for their own health and to realise their potential to lead an active life. Patients graduating from Phase III exercise classes are referred on to Phase IV classes to continue improving their fitness levels. Phase IV staff are fully qualified in cardiac rehabilitation.
If you would like further information about the Referral Programme please contact your GP or medical advisor or contact us: Larkfield Leisure Centre on 01622 713223 or the Angel Centre 01732 772686.
Larkfield Leisure Centre
Please be aware that all Referral Classes must be booked in advance.
- Phase IV Cardiac Class - Monday 10.30am to 12 noon
- Phase IV Cardiac Class - Tuesday 8.45am to 10.15am
- Phase IV Cardiac Class - Wednesday 10.30am to 12 noon
- Phase IV Cardiac Class - Thursday 10.45am to 12.15pm
- Posture Therapy - Thursday 12 noon to 1pm
- Phase IV Cardiac Class - Friday 10.15am to 11.45am
Water Therapy Courses
Water Therapy is suitable for patients with musculoskeletal conditions such as osteoarthritis, back pain and poor co-ordination and is bookable as a course. For course prices and dates please call Larkfield on 01622 713223 or Tonbridge Swimming Pool on 01732 772686.
Please be aware that all Referral Classes must be booked in advance. To book contact the Angel Centre Referral Co-ordinator on 01732 772686.
- Cardio Cycle - Tuesday 11am to 12 noon
- Cardio Circuit - Thursday 10am to 11am
- Tone & Balance - Thursday 1.30pm to 2.30pm
- Phase IV - Friday 2pm to 3pm
Customers enrolled on the Referral Programme will be eligible for the following discounted charges throughout their 20 week programme.
- Initial Consultation £8.40/Free to those exempt from paying prescription charges & Leisure Pass holders
- Gym Session Member £5.00 / Non Member £6.20
- Swimming Pool £3.20
- Referral Exercise Class £4.40
Referral patients can also take advantage of a concessionary Health & Fitness all inclusive membership for just £35 a month. Please speak to one of our consultants or pick up a Memberships leaflet.