Sports Hall Courses
We organise a range of sporting activities for the complete beginner or improving enthusiast including gymnastics, trampolining, badminton and soccer. Led by fully qualified professionals, these courses aim to enable children to learn new sports, develop existing skills and achieve awards, in a safe and fun environment.
Sports Hall courses can be managed online using Home Portal. With one simple login you can manage one or more lesson on your PC or smart phone. Our teachers log monthly pupil progress electronically during lessons, this information can then be viewed on Home Portal. Another great benefit of Home Portal is that those paying in 15 week blocks can also view how many lessons they have remaining before they need to renew.
Larkfield Leisure Centre
We offer a trampolining programme for children and adults to gain confidence and learn specific skills and a progressive route for children from the age of 2 years through to adults to gain British Gymnastics Awards.
The School of Gymnastics offers a gymnastics programme for children to gain confidence and learn specific skills. We offer a progressive route for children from two years of age through to the Elite squad, enabling them to achieve BG Awards.
Junior Badminton Club These fun sessions for 10 to 16 year olds concentrate on basic hitting techniques, strokes and tactical match play. The course takes place on Sunday from 10am to 12pm - term time only course.
Junior Badminton & Fencing term time courses are led by fully qualified professionals who aim to enable children to get fit, develop new skills and achieve awards, in a safe and fun environment. To sign up to our next course please speak to reception or call 01732 359966.
Trampolining Programme Each trampolining course offers individuals the opportunity to have great fun whilst exercising and to progress through the British Gymnastics Awards.
- 5-9 year old course aims to develop basic trampolining skills required to work towards achieving BG Awards 1 and upwards. Classes take place on Monday 5-6pm & Thursday 4-5pm.
- 10-15 year olds course is designed for pupils to achieve BG Awards 3 and upwards. Classes take place on Monday 6-7pm & Thursday 5-6pm.
Gymnastics Programme We provide a range of gymnastics courses for the complete beginner or the advanced athlete. Taught by qualified British Gymnastics coaches, these courses are available for children from the age of 2 years, progressing all the way to the by invitation only Extension Gym Club.
- Pre School This fun class is for children aged 2 years to school age and their accompanying parent/guardian. It help improve co-ordination, balance and strength whilst working towards recognised BG Awards and certificates. Classes take place on Monday & Friday from 12.45pm to 1.30pm.
- Beginners/Intermediates for school aged children. These classes help to develop gymnastic skills as well as progressing through the BG levels 8-1 and Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards. Beginners classes take place on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 4pm-5pm. Intermediate classes on Monday 5pm-6.30pm and Tuesday 5pm-7pm.
- Extension Club membership is by invitation only and is for gymnasts competing regularly in floor and vault competitions. All members of Extension must be registered to the BGA. Classes take place on Thursday & Friday from 5pm-6.30pm.