tmactive Community Fund supports local community
As part of tmactive's commitment to get more people more active more often, recent grants have been made from the tmactive Community Fund to help promote and engage people in physical activity. The fund is available to groups and individuals who are looking to promote opportunities to participate; if you would like to apply please complete the tmactive Community Fund Application Form here.
Cage Green Primary School received a cheque for £500 for trim trail equipment as part of the school's "Daily Mile" running programme. 440 children attend the school and it is hoped that this will help them enjoy getting more active.
East Malling Community Action Group has been awarded £500 to buy equipment to establish a children's exercise club at the East Malling Community Centre. And Upz and Downz, a charity providing training opportunities for adults with learning disabilities, also received £500 from tmactive to help support its sports programme at its centre at Mereworth.
If you would like to discuss the tmactive Community Fund in more detail please contact Martin Guyton, Chief Executive by email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of Reference
The Trust has approved a Community Fund to be derived from annual profits. This recognises the Trust's own charitable status and the wider objective of the Trust as having been created in the public benefit and for the purpose of improving the health and wellbeing of the local community.
To help individuals and groups increase physical activity and, in the borough, to help get "more people, more active, more often."
1) Funding is available for individuals, formally constituted sports clubs (non-commercial) and voluntary community organisations in financial need to help to:
- Meet the cost of purchasing shared kit or equipment for youth teams/squads.
- Pay for individuals to qualify as coaches or community activators.
- Contribute to the costs of sports development and/or coaching programmes.
- Fund activity days.
- To give groups access to sporting opportunities otherwise not afforded to them.
2) The project must benefit people in the Tonbridge and Malling area.
3) The maximum limit on size of grant offered will normally be £500.
4) Priority will be given to projects:
- Located in or benefitting people from deprived wards.
- Targeting groups which experience the largest health inequalities: disabled people; older people; women and girls.
- In conjunction with tmactive staff and/or facilities.
5) Grants will only be awarded to those groups or individuals applying.
6) Projects must be for the benefit of Tonbridge and Malling residents.
7) Funding will not normally be offered for individuals to pursue specific sports at a performance level. Priority is given to applications which encourage the engagement the community in adopting a healthier lifestyle rather than sports excellence.
8) Funding for clubs and community groups would normally only be offered on the basis of match funding being provided.
9) Funding cannot be retrospectively awarded for events, programmes and training that has already taken place or equipment costs already incurred.
10) Decisions will be taken by the Executive Team of tmactive based on consideration of need, along with social and economic factors.
11) Grants will be considered at any time of the year on a monthly basis.
Conditions of grants:
1) As a recipient of a grant you will be required to promote the fact that the tmactive Community Fund has supported you, including to the local media.
2) Recipients will need to provide a written update and photos to the tmactive Executive Team detailing how the grant has been spent, to be submitted within one month of the event / activity taking place.
3) tmactive reserves the right to withdraw or reclaim part or all of an award, if any information provided is found to be inaccurate or the award is not used for the purposes for which it was given.
4) Only one application from a community or charitable group may be considered in any 12 month period, at the discretion of tmactive.
5) Any unspent grant award must be returned to tmactive within 6 months of the grant being awarded.
6) Evidence of expenditure must be supplied as requested. tmactive reserves the right to request a refund of monies spent if unsatisfied with the evidence provided.
7) Donations to Charities in response to general fundraising appeals will not be considered eligible:
- Any individual, voluntary, community groups or charitable organisations.
- No community organisation operating within the responsibility of a statutory authority will be funded by a grant award.
- No school activity which takes place within the school day shall be funded.
- tmactive will not fund activities outside its powers and functions.