Congratulations on your pregnancy, or on becoming a new parent.
At tmactive, we want to encourage and support pregnant women and new mums in accessing physical activity opportunities and healthy lifestyle advice in Tonbridge & Malling.
Keeping active during pregnancy and after childbirth will help you adapt to your changing shape and keep you feeling good, relaxed and energised through your new journey of motherhood. Evidence also shows that active women are less likely to experience problems in later pregnancy and labour.
Physical activity is not dangerous for your baby and keeping up your normal daily exercise (running, yoga, dance, walking) is fine and recommended for as long as you feel comfortable. #thismumcan
Mums to be/ New mums Half Price Swim Offer
Swimming is a fantastic, safe form of all round exercise for mums to be and new mums- it will help you get back into shape, feel stress free and relaxed.
From November 17' Mums to be and new mums can apply for a tmactive150 Swimming Discount- entitling them to half price swimming for 18 months. Terms and conditions apply.
Creche facilities available.
Half Price Offer Swim Prices
Larkfield Leisure Centre- Member: £2.05 / Non-member: £3.20
Tonbridge Swimming Pool- Member: £2.10 / Non-member: £2.70
Application forms are available from Larkfield Leisure Centre, Tonbridge Swimming Pool, or please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ask your midwife, health visitor or a member of children's centre staff to sign your form and return to Larkfield Leisure Centre or Tonbridge Swimming Pool.
Half price swim Terms and Conditions:
· The discount is for mums-to-be and new mothers with children under two year's old.
· The discount is valid for 18 consecutive months between 9am- 2pm Monday- Sunday. Our swimming pools timetable is available on our website.
· Mums-to-be and new mums may use this offer during 18 months of their choice between pregnancy and their child's second birthday.
· The offer is not valid for children.
· Children under two are entitled to free swimming at Larkfield leisure Centre and Tonbridge Pool.
· The discount does not apply to the parent and child splash around sessions at Larkfield Leisure Centre and Tonbridge Pool.
· Current members are entitled to half price of the current member swim rate. Non-members are entitled to half price of the current non-member swim rate.
· This Girl Can evening swim sessions are included in the membership. Tonbridge Pool: Thursday 8-10pm and Larkfield Leisure Centre: Sunday 6-8pm.
This Girl Can
This Girl Can is a celebration of active women who are doing their thing no matter how well they do it, how they look or even how red their face gets. Funded by The National Lottery and developed by Sport England, we want to help women overcome the fear of judgement that is stopping too many women and girls from joining in- This Girl Can
This Girl Can Swim Tonbridge
Every Thursday 8-10pm at Tonbridge Swimming Pool
Behind the incredibly inspiring This Girl Can campaign, our supportive, friendly, female swimming sessions are designed for EVERY women.
Swimming is a fantastic low impact exercise that strengthens and tones major muscle groups within a woman's body. When you swim, you are benefiting the body and the mind and what's more, our poolside activator will be on hand to ensure you have fun in the water.
This Girl Can Swim Larkfield
Every Sunday 6-8pm at Larkfield Leisure Centre
Swimming is a relaxing and enjoyable way to help you unwind and improve your health and wellbeing. You can feel at ease in our female only swim lane, where you can swim at your own pace. Whether you are new to swimming or returning to the pool, this session is for you!
Come on in! #thisgirlcan
Keeping fit and healthy with a new baby and during pregnancy
The NHS website offers credible resources, exercise tips, exercise to avoid and physical activity suggestions to support mothers both during pregnancy and after giving birth- NHS Exercise in Pregnancy and Keeping fit and healthy with a baby
Activity ideas for the rest of the family
Start4Life supports families in making healthier lifestyle changes, including great activity ideas to help get your family more active- Start4Life
Useful support links